Monday, March 19, 2012

8/30: Passion

What are five passions you have?

1. My relationship with Jesus. It's the only constant I have in this life and I'm so, so, so thankful for grace. It's incredible to me that the Creator of the entire universe wants a relationship with me. For some reason, the sunsets are extra beautiful to me, and every single night I'm reminded of His creativity and that if He creates something that beautiful for the fun of it, how much more beautiful is what He's got planned for our lives?



2. Becoming a better wife. Being a wife is my newest and biggest family role. I'm not a mom yet, and instead of sitting around and thinking about how fun a little one would be, I want to seize the moment and stage of life I'm in and become the best wife I can possibly be. I recently started reading Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs and it's wonderful. God's using it to teach me so many seemingly basic concepts that I think will end up completely changing our marriage for the better!



3. Creating. I love creating things. Painting, sewing, crocheting, and so many other random things. It energizes me and gets me so excited. Once I complete one project, I start searching for the next one. I love it when people ask me to make something specific and getting to see the look on their face when they see what my brain came up with. I still think a Mother's Day gift requested by such a dear family is my favorite thing I've ever made.



4. New York City. Sounds crazy, but I seriously think about that place once a day. I served there for a summer and since then the Lord has been stirring up a passion in my heart. The people. The culture. The history. The need. I love it and sincerely hope we end up serving the city full-time at some point in life.



5. Learning. I'm the weirdo who actually misses school. I love learning stuff about anything. Pop culture, history, psychology, new technology, animals, Disney, life stories, anything. I love it all. I think it's important to know things so that you can better understand life around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...