Friday, March 9, 2012

2/30: Fears

Describe three legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


1. Spiders.

I don't really have a story of how they became a fear of mine. It's like inbred. I will say that my senior year of high school, my parents had a ton of ivy cut out of the side of our yard and it apparently made all the little creepy-crawlys that were living in there seek shelter in our house. Specifically our basement... where I lived. There were days I'd find 6 wolf spiders throughout the day. Those suckers are scary. Have you seen that they're like taking over a city in Austraila? Yea. Im happy I don't live there.

2. Being hurt by another person.

I don't mean this in the deep, emotional sense. I mean I really don't want to be abducted, raped, tortured, murdered, etc. It's a natural fear I'd guess, but it's probably just intensified by the ridiculous amount of Law and Order:SVU I watch. Any semi-creepy person on the same street at me when I'm walking alone is a potentially dangerous rapist. I was so sure the sniper from Washington D.C. was going to come to Nashville, TN, wait outside my middle school, and kill me. I want my dogs to attack any suspicious noise they hear when I'm at home alone and get frustrated when they don't even raise an ear to it. I will say, I feel a bit more prepared for any dangerous situation after watching a fair share of I Survived...

3. My life not going the way I planned.

Whether it's losing Clint, not being able to have children, my parents dying at what I think to be an age that's too young, anything that I don't expect, scares me. I know God is sovereign over everything and I believe it. I'm just a control freak and want to have what I've always dreamed I would. I know the Lord's plans for my life are better than any of my dreams. My life up to this point has already been dramatically different from what I had imagined, but now that I'm on the other side of it, I can't imagine it any other way. It's just something I have to hand back to God on a regular basis and trust Him with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...