Thursday, March 22, 2012

11/30: Pet Peeves

Describe 10 pet peeves you have.

1. When people leave food on their dirty plates they put in the sink.
Then I've got to reach in there with my clean hands and come out with something slimy that doesn't resemble anything we've eaten in the last couple of days. Just put it in the trash.


2. When I have to repeat myself because someone wasn't paying attention the first time.
Writing that makes me realize I probably shouldn't ever teach adolescents...

3. Finding hair everywhere.
My hair used to be about 3 inches away from my bellybutton so it was STINKIN' LONG! I'd find long stringy hairs everywhere. At least once a day I'd jump thinking there was a bug crawling on my arm only to find a rouge hair stuck to my sleeve. Getting out of the shower was awful because they'd be stuck all over me and cover the bathroom floor. Thankfully, I got a whole 12 inches cut off yesterday which should rid me of this problem!

4. Mumbling.
Enunciate, please. :)

5. People who talk on the phone while they're checking out of a store.
People behind the cash register have been there and will still be there for a long time. Take a second to talk to them a brighten up their day.

6. Not using blinkers.
It's a simple flick of the wrist people. C'mon!


7. People who work on commission and hound you down in stores.
I totally get the fact you get paid based off what I buy... but if I want your help, I'll ask you for it.

8. Cussing for no reason.
I understand the occasional slip of a four-letter-word in fear or pain, but to throw it into everyday conversation is too much for me. It especially bothers me in shows/movies because those words had to be written in to the script and it would all be just as good without them.


9. Pointless hashtags.
#whynotjustwriteitinanewsentence?


10. Group text messages and reply-all emails.
These are the worst thing ever invented. Seriously.


If you're my friend and you're reading this, I swear I don't have names associated in my head with these things so I'm not talking about anyone in particular... just don't do these if you want to stay friends...

Kidding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...