Tuesday, March 11, 2014

HELP!

I need some help.

Some advice.

Some "We've been there and it get's better"s.

Reuben hates, hates, double hates the nursery at church.  We're talking hysterical screams the entire time unless he's walking the halls in someone's arms or the "bye bye buggie." He got so loud the other Sunday that I could hear him in my room on the other side of the building.

He's officially THAT kid.

I figured it was because he's always in there over a nap time that he's missing because he stinks at taking naps, but he's started screaming just SEEING the ladies that keep him. I know they're wonderful women who have done aboslutely nothing to make him feel this way. They're just not mama.

Clint and I both work at church and I serve in preschool in another room so he absolutely has to go.

So here's my cry for HELP!

Any tips or tricks to help him? How long did it last for your kiddo? What seemed to make the difference to them?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have any great advice on this, but I do have a little perspective on it because our kid was that kid too. He went through 2 rough stranger anxiety phases and he had such a hard time being with anyone but me or my husband. I would drop him off int the nursery for MOPS and he would scream and cry so loudly I could hear him all the way down the hall. Nothing seemed to help. It took a long time for him to get over this. He is 3 and he still gets a little nervous when being dropped off for Sunday School but he is doing much better with it all. I was really discouraged when we went through this because he was the only kid who did it, but don't get discouraged. All I really have to say is that it does end. He will eventually grow out of it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked with our preschool assistant today and decided it's best if I don't serve anymore, which will eliminate him being there during nap time. I'm hoping that solves our problem until he transitions to one nap after church. The last four weeks I've either been pulled out of class to go get him early or he's been brought to me halfway though. It's just not working now. But it's a phase, not forever! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...