Friday, March 7, 2014

five on friday

Another week of linking up with the good life blog, a. liz adventures, carolina charm, and hello happiness for Five on Friday.

cold weather

Is anybody else absolutely sick of winter?! I know in July I'm going to be complaining about the heat, but seriously. I can't handle much more of this. I think the few days of having temperatures in the 60s seriously convinced me that winter was over. So three days of ice and snow just infuriates me. I've given up wearing my winter coat in some sort of subconcious protest, so now I'm just extra cold becuase the thin layer of long sleeves just isn't cutting it...


baby hair

It's totally time to get Reuben's hair cut. He's got a really weird thing going on now. He's still got 90% of the hair he was born with and it's now between 3-5 inches long. The other 10% fell out from him rubbing his head back and forth against stuff so in the very middle of his head he's got hair that's grown in and is only like an inch long. It turns it into a super weird looking mullet type thing. So he needs a hair cut... but I just can't let go of these sweet baby curls.

new car seat

Reuben got his big boy car seat delivered this week! I can't wait to get him settled in it. We decided on the Diono Radian RXT.

We haven't gotten him in it yet, that'll be a this weekend thing. I got a little sappy in the car Tuesday on the way to Louisville, thinking this was his last trip in his infant seat. It's what we brought him home in! A lot of memories and mama hormones going on there...


We took a >24 hour trip to Louisville Tuesday for Clint to do an interview for a cool opportunity and I loved it! It's such a cool city! We stayed at the Galt House hotel right on the river and ate at a casual dining place on the other side of the river in Indiana. It was just gorgeous and seemed to have a really neat vibe. I'd love to go back for a longer visit!


Back in October, I was looking for a way to store a photo of Reuben from each day in one, easy to see and access place. I did a little digging around on google and found collect. I've used it every single day since and I've fallen in love. I love seeing the photos displayed on the calendar. It reminds me every day at 6:05 to take a picture, so if I haven't already, I can make sure to snap a picture of little man doing something cute before bed. I'm so thankful for it because day-by-day I can't see much change, but if I look back to when I got it, I realize just how much of a little boy he is becoming!

So there ya have it! What's on your mind today?

*Collect has zero idea who I am. I just genuinely love the app and want everyone to know about it!


  1. Hi from the linkup, girlie!!! :)
    I'm totally with you on the colder weather. Come onnn, spring!
    And baby hair...and baby haircuts...too cute! Bless it!!
    Cheers to the weekend, lovely! xx

  2. Oh the baby boy curls! I feel you there. Had to cut our 7 month olds hair recently because it was in his eyes and all together too long. I got a little misty eyed, even over a little trim. It just makes them look like such big boys!

    1. Reuben's is totally getting in his eyes and starting to flip out. We went out of town this weekend and everyone he met said "wow, you've got some hair!" which is a pretty darn good sign that it's really, really time. :-\

  3. I am ready for spring. And, I also HATED cutting the baby curls off my boys! Thanks for posting about collect, I am going to have to check that out!

    1. Oh i LOVE collect. It's so fun to have a daily picture!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...