Monday, February 24, 2014

scraping a rock on a sunburn

I finally got my tattoo finished Friday afternoon. I got the outline done in October and meant to get the color done a few weeks later, but once Halloween hit, money and time disappeared and they've just reappeared now that 90% of our yearly celebrations are behind us.


You can read about the meaning behind the tattoo here.

Let me start with saying this: it's absolutely perfect. It's better than I imagined it being and I couldn't love it more! I don't have a single shred of regret for getting it.

But it hurt. BAD.


Especially the parts on my shoulder and collar bone. I think I toughed it out pretty well, honestly, but it was hard to not freak out! I wasn't expecting it to hurt since the lines seriously didn't. I think it was the times he was blending colors into already tattooed skin.

I'm flinching just thinking about it.


It seriously does feel like a dull rock scraping up against the worst sunburn you've ever had. For 2.5 hours straight.

Whew.

But it's done now! And I love it! And I'm so, so, so thankful to have a daily reminder of God's goodness and grace on my arm for the rest of my life!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog and it led me here! You and your family are so precious :-) I spent a minute blog stalking you...
    1. Love your tattoo and the meaning behind it.
    2. Happy late birthday to your little one!
    3. I read his birth story...my gosh...what a roller coaster! I'm so glad all went well and you both are happy and healthy!
    I love your personality and you now have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I'm all about some blog stalking. ;-)

      Thanks for poking around and following. I'm loving your personality and blog, too!!

      Delete
  2. Loving your tattoo design. I've always wanted to get one that incorporates nature and my christian beliefs but my schedules so crazy can't seem to get it done haha..
    http://sylviastevens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I know what you mean about schedules being crazy. I've been meaning to get this one done since October! haha

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...