Friday, February 28, 2014

five on friday

I'm linking up with the good life blog, a. liz adventures, carolina charm, and hello happiness for Five on Friday. So here's the randomness that is my mind...

[ONE]
ZOO TIME


The Nashville zoo is easily one of my favorite places to go. I've missed it over the winter months. It's definitely less appealing to when it's below freezing outside. I can't imagine the animals are very fun to watch then, either. Thankfully, the weather is finally starting to warm up around here so my friend, Whitney, and I are venturing out there with our babes today.

Can. Not. Wait.

[TWO]
SPRING TV

So many of my favorites are coming back on this week. I can hardly keep up! Thank goodness we've got DVR... for now. The end of March will be a sad day in the Lamberth home when we cancel our cable.


[THREE]
SLEEP

Little man has been sleeping through the night consistently for weeks (besides the night of his birthday party, but the amount of sugar he ate would keep me up too!). It took a little while, but I finally feel like a new woman. It's amazing what normal, uninterrupted sleep will do for a person!


And yes, I'm totally the mom that sneaks in her kid's room at night and watches him sleep. Creepy? yes. Do I care? Absolutely not.

[FOUR]
IPSY*

I read about ipsy in a mom group on facebook and totally didn't believe it would be worth much, but figured it was worth $10 to give it a shot.


Well, I'm 5 months into it an LOVING it. Every month I get a package in the mail with a cute make-up bag with 4-6 items chosen for me by a stylist based off a quiz I took when I signed up. They've all been spot on. I've gotten a ton of nail polish, lip color, eye liner, eye shadow, and other random make up and skin care products. I would've never been able to buy everything I get in a month for less than $10. And the little bags you get have made it so much easier to keep all of my make up and small toiletries organized. Check it out!

[FIVE]
BEDROOM MAKEOVER

Our bedroom is in desperate need of some help. Like, in a major way. We started painting it when I was 7.5 mo pregnant and when we got to the wall behind our king sized bed, we "took a break" until a friend could help Clint move the bohemoth of a bed since I couldn't lift anything that heavy. Well, our break hasn't ended yet.

And it's awful looking.

The mirror that's supposed to be over our dresser is in the hallway where it's been for the 2.5 years we've lived in the house. The fan blades have a horrible paint job going on on the ends of them thanks to a previous owner and are now covered in dust thanks to our nightly use of it. Gah. I hate even admitting all this. The shame...

So. I'm getting sick and tired of it and I've got some big plans in my head for what I want it to look like sooner rather than later.

via
via
via
All with a more masculine flair, since I do share the room with a boy. ;-)


So that's that! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!



*Ipsy has abosolutely no idea who I am. I genuinely think it's just an awesome concept and have been looking forward to my next bag so it's been on my mind. If you decide to sign up through my link, I'll get points, but it won't cost you anything extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...