Monday, June 17, 2013

4 months!


Weight: We'll know for sure after his check-up this Friday, but I'm betting somewhere between 14-15 lbs. It's crazy how quickly they grow! Just look at this little chunk!


Health: Perfect. Praise the Lord! A small part of me wishes he'd already had his first little cold or something because I know the first time he's sick is going to be miserable and I want to get it over with!


Sleep: Sleeps like a champ at night. With all our traveling and different sleeping arrangements, he's a little thrown off, but still giving us a good 6-7 hour stretch after he first goes to sleep. It's been really hard waking up to feed him at night and working full time because once I get up and walk to his room, I'm wide awake for another 30 minutes, even thought he's only eating 10 of those. So we've got a deal. When Clint gets home from camp, he's going to go get Reuben and bring him to our room for me to feed him and then take him back to his crib. Clint can fall asleep standing up if he's tired enough so walking a little bit won't effect him at all. Until then, Reu's either in his Rock&Play by the side of my bed, or just in bed with us. I've gotta be honest... I don't hate waking up to this sweet sight.


Social: He's really starting to recognize people. His face lights up whenever Clint smiles at him. And when his Bella (my mom) picks him up when she gets to our house in the morning he starts getting all wiggly and happy. He also met his future BFF, Jack, in Chicago at the beginning of the month and had a lot of fun watching him run around. I can hardly handle this cuteness.


Diet: 100% breastmilk. I'm so thankful I've been able to pump more than enough to leave with him for bottles while I'm at work and build up a major freezer stash! Cleaning the pumping parts is repetitive and annoying, but worth it for little man to have my milk.

Clothes: Alllllll over the board on this one. He wears anything from 0-3 month shorts to 6 month jumpers. Pjs are officially 3+ months. Packing away his newborn clothes was definitely bittersweet. I saw a carters onesie I had loved at Kohls and it took everything in me to not buy it in 6 months so I could get him in it again. Gotta move on, Steph. Gotta move on.

Baby Gear Love: This kid has been obsessed with his activity mat since day one. I put him on it the first time when he was around 3 weeks old and he just stared and stared at all the colors. Now he swats and kicks at the animals and is starting to try and grab them. Just look at this little face of pure joy!


  
Crying: My sanity is so thankful that the answer to this is rarely. As of right now, the only time he really loses it is when he's past tired and into exhausted and he's fighting sleep. Since he's "talking" more now, there's a lot more grunting out of frustration than crying. Still annoying but a lot less piercing!

Likes: Talking. He's all about making some noise now that he knows how to do it. I can't say I hate it. His little voice is the most adorable thing I've ever heard. He's also a huge fan of getting his diaper changed. Whenever I lay him down on the changing pad, his face lights up and he starts kicking his legs and waving his arms like a mad man.

Postpartum: Still holding onto 5 lbs of pregnancy weight, but I'm honestly not working that hard to get it off. So I can't really complain. I can complain about one thing: hair loss. I mean, seriously! I don't know how I still have hair left to lose. I have to clean my brush out 3 times by the time I'm through my shower and fixing my hair routine. And it's EVERY.WHERE. I can always find a strand in Reuben's fist. On my clothes. In Clints beard. In my food. Anywhere and everywhere.
 

Milestones: We've got a roller! Up until 3 weeks ago, he would protest tummy time and just keep his head down and scream. He's been able to hold his head up sitting up for quite a while now so I knew he should be able to do it. After rolling him from back to belly back onto his back a few times and talking in a high pitched voice like a fool, he realized tummy time wasn't permanent and started to push up and look around. Four days after the first time he actually lifted his head up, I rolled him over on his belly and he kept going and landed on his back! I thought it was a fluke so didn't get too excited, but I went to show Clint that night and he did it two more times! We both yelled out of excitement and terrified him which led to a really pitiful baby. But we were pumped! Now he's a tummy time champ. 


Reuben,

You've turned into the sweetest little guy. Your daddy and I are falling more and more in love with your personality every day. Your itty bitty giggles and big smiles melt us. You're growing up so quickly and I love watching you learn more and more about the world around you. You're such a blessing from God and I thank Him for you every single day. Love you little man!

Love, 
Mama


This age is so much fun! Do y'all have kids? Tell me about your favorite 4 month memory :)

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie!! Aren't they just the biggest blessing in the world! I think my favorite 4 month memory was belly laughs!! Those were great! Have a great week, and thanks for your sweet words on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait for the belly laughs to start! We get some good squeal laughs but are still waiting on the biiiig ones!

      Delete
  2. He is so cute!! Happy 4 months!

    We had that same play mat and K loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I seriously recommend this playmat to all my pregnant friends. Swings and bouncy seats never do much to calm him down, but stick him on the play mat and it's like he's in a trance :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh...he is adorable!!! Makes me so excited for the next few months with our little one ;)
    PS....I tried to reply by email to your comment on my blog but I don't think your email is set up on blogger for reply comments so I just wanted you to know that's why I did not respond!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They literally get more fun every single week. I keep thinking "this is the best stage" almost every day!

      And thanks for letting me know. I'll look into that :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...