Monday, December 22, 2014

natural birth mondays: the basics

I've got (theoretically) 19 more Mondays until baby girl gets here. I'm working hard on learning all that I can about natural, unmedicated birth and what it will take to accomplish that. There's so much more to it than I realized!

I thought it would be good for me (and you!) if I shared it all here. It always helps me to put what I learn into my own words. I feel like it helps it stick and fully sink in to the little crevices of my brains.

Obviously, I am NO medical professional and have been/will continue to talk with my midwives about all of this. These posts will be based on research based with my opinions that will help me draw to my own conclusions. I hope you find them useful, encouraging, and simple to understand. BUT I encourage you to use it as a part of your research. Do some for yourself and come to your own conclusions! That way when the going gets tough, you can go back to what you know and believe about birth and stick it out!



These are just a few topics I figured I'd cover:


  • Preparing Your Body
  • Doulas
  • Birth Partners
  • OB vs. Midwife
  • Positioning and Movement
  • Pain Management Options
  • Interventions
  • Skin To Skin Contact
  • Delayed Cord Clamping
I may throw in more or combine a few, but I'm really looking forward to diving into this with you guys! Let me know if there are any specific topics you'd like to see covered!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...