Thursday, May 15, 2014

transition

This last month, followed by the next couple of weeks, has been and will continue to be full of transition.


Dual parenting.
To single parenting 5/7 days a week.
Back to living under one roof.

Working full time.
To knowing I'm leaving in 2 weeks and trying to wrap everything up.
To staying at home for a little while and then working part time.

Living in chaos (housekeeping isn't my strong suit).
To living in a perfect show home I don't want to leave.
To living in a townhome we'll rent.

Reuben sleeping through the night for months.
To not.
To hopefully doing it again once we're all together.


It's a bizarre feeling. Trying to live life in Nashville, knowing I'll be in Knoxville at the end of the month. I'm trying not to pull away from friends here yet, but I'm working on establishing friendships over there at the same time.

I sort of feel like I'm just going on a really long vacation to Knoxville. I'm not entirely sure it's clicked in my head yet that I will LIVE there. When we come to Nashville from now on, we'll be visiting. We won't be coming home. That's weird.

The good news is that I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has planned for us to go to Knoxville and we're simply following where he's leading us. That gives me a crazy amount of peace. I love Sevier Heights already. I love the people we've met. I love where we're going to live. I love that I'll get so much more time with Reuben. I love that we'll be near mountains. I love that we'll be closer to friends in Chattanooga. I love a lot of it.

I just don't love transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...