Tuesday, July 23, 2013

5 Months!

Already?!



Weight: At his 4 month check-up, he was 14 lbs. 6 oz. That means he's gained 8 lbs since he was born! That's a whole good sized newborn! I can't believe it. He's definitely gotten bigger since then so I'm guessing he's closer to the 15 lb mark now. I'd say a good pound of that is in his thighs. I mean look at them!

Health: Little man got his first cold this month. I'm pretty sure he caught it from his daddy. He was really, really pitiful a couple of days. Runny nose, coughing, sneezing, and a ton of congestion wiped him out and he slept a whole lot. He's mostly over it, but the congestion is kind of sticking around. I notice it when he eats every once in a while but he's not letting it get him down.


Sleep: Well, still sleeping with us. I don't really care since it makes it so easy, but I know Clint wants him out sooner rather than later. We tried to move him to his crib a couple nights ago and it did NOT go well. We figured we'd let him cry for 5 minute increments and then go in there and comfort him if he wasn't asleep yet. I laid him down at 7:00, he slept like a champ for 15 minutes and then it was a fight for almost 2 hours. By 9:00, I told Clint I needed him to go in there because I was frustrated so he went in and next thing I know, he brought a whimpering Reuben back into our room for the night. Poor guy was SO worn out. So we decided to start with naps and that's actually semi-working. Hooray!

One funny story- when Clint was out of town I planned to take a shower when I woke up before work so I knew I needed to get Reuben to where he wasn't touching me so I could get out of bed without waking him up so throughout the night I tried to move him after every feeding and I woke up to this...


Somehow a 5 month old almost pushed me out of a king sized bed! He's a bed hog. And please ignore our mess of a room... Our bedroom has hardly been touched since we moved in two years ago... oops!

Social: He's been out and about a lot this month. And he's pretty much a rockstar. He's so easy-going with everyone he meets and is seriously such a flirt with the ladies! And he got to meet his great-grandparents on the 4th of July! I'm so happy they got to meet him and he seemed equally as thrilled.



Diet: 100% breastmilk. I absolutely love nursing. I love the bond, the price (free!), and the health benefits for both of us. But I'm SO excited about introducing food next month! Not because I need a break, but I think babies eating food is absolutely adorable.

Clothes: Still all over the place. I've quit looking at sizes and just stick him in what fits. I'll say this though... I'm pretty sure he's out of 3 month Carter's pjs... *tear*...

Baby Gear Love: Now that he loves putting weight on his legs, we've broken out the Johnny Jump-up and he's loving it! He's learned to love toys that make sounds, too. My mom had this helicopter she bought for him to play with later on since it says it's for 12m+, but she got it out the other day and he was totally obsessed with it. 


  Crying: Still mostly just when he's tired. He was so exhausted after a long day on Sunday that on our ride home from downtown he cried so hard he threw up all over himself. Poor little guy. He's been crying more since we're trying the whole crib thing, but I'm starting to think once he gets crying so hard, it's not being effective. He just gets more and more worked up until he's screaming. He's a very, VERY stubborn little baby!

Likes: Standing up! As long as he's got a hold of some hands for balance, he'll stand up forever. He's also gotten to the point that he's enjoying watching us eat. There have been times where he'll just bust out in a giggle when we take a bite of something. It's so funny!


Postpartum: Hair is still falling out like crazy. It may've slowed down the tiniest bit, but I'm still shocked I have any hair left to lose. And I'm finally down to pre-pregnancy weight PLUS (or should I say minus?) 3 pounds! WOO HOO!!!!!!
  

Milestones: He's sitting up on his own more than with assistance now. Kind of hard to believe! We were over at our friends house and he was on the floor with my friend, Whitney, sitting behind him. She had to jump up to do something and I went to support him and before I got to him I realized he was sitting up all by himself!





Reuben,


You're growing up so fast, little man!
You are SUCH a joy in our lives. The Lord knew what he was doing when he added you to our family. We both love watching you grow and learn new things every single day. Your personality is growing so fast and you are seriously just a little ball full of joy! You make everyone you meet smile with your infectious smile. I love you and I'm so proud to call you my son!

Love, 

Mama


I said this last month and I'll probably say it every month, but this age is so much fun!!!


What's your favorite memory from your 5 month old? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...