Monday, September 24, 2012

16 weeks!

I literally feel like time is FLYING by. Like baby is going to be here tomorrow.

We had our check up on Thursday. All went well! There was about a minute of fear when she couldn't find the heartbeat, but baby was just a lot lower than she was looking. And apparently super active! She had a hard time getting a good listen because she had to keep chasing after it. Our next appointment is the 20 week ultrasound! I'm looking forward to having a good look at Baby L. I really can't get over how cute it is.

And ok. I've got to be honest...

WE FOUND OUT WHAT IT IS!

We went into the ultrasound being all secretive and hard core, telling the tech to not tell anybody we were there because they didn't know and we weren't going to tell them until we had a big reveal. Well, once I found out, I couldn't keep it in. I had called my parents before I even got off the table and we left the hospital and went straight to his parents to tell them. We're wimps. It was just so dang exciting we couldn't hold it in!!!

Ready???

Baby L

is

a





BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A growing and healthy little boy! She said she knew within a few seconds of looking at him so I knew before she even told us or I could even see that it must be a boy. Just look at how cute his profile is!



So with that excitement out of the way, here's a 16 week update!


How far along? 16 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Back down to just 1. I really don't know what to do about that. I've been eating plenty of food and not restricting myself from anything. I mean, I'm thankful to still feel really good, but I just don't want to be underweight and risk things for my little man.


Maternity clothes? Yes. The full panel maternity jeans came in from Old Navy and they're magical.


Stretch marks? Nope.


Sleep: Not too bad this week. Our dog's gotten in this really annoying habit of wanting in and out from under the covers that wakes me up probably once an hour. Let's just say that'll be changing tonight. I need some solid nights sleep, Capone!


Best moment this week: Finding out sweet baby L is a little man! And getting to share that with everyone we love. It was just so special!


Miss Anything? Being able to ride rides. I looked into prices for a Disney trip in January (bad mistake. Now it's all I can think about) and they were ridiculously cheap. But. Big ol' pregnant me wouldn't be able to enjoy it so it's not worth it. But again, a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make!

Movement: I'm going to go ahead and say YES! I found out at my ultrasound that my placenta is up towards my belly button so it'll take a while to feel him punching and stuff because he's punching into a pillow essentially. But after seeing how he was positioned in the ultrasound, I noticed I keep getting feelings on my left side where his feet are that feel like someone is thumping (thumping? Is that like a really country word? I can't think of another word to describe it. Flicking I guess) me from the inside.
It's happened frequently the last three days and always in right around the same place so I'm pretty sure he's kicking me just to let me know he's there.

Food cravings: Not really. I'm actually kinda losing my appetite all over again. Nothing really sounds good, even chocolate milk.


Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of dog puke. I found that out the hard way this week.


Have you started to show yet: I'd say yes. Multiple people at church this week commented on my belly.
 
Gender: Bouncing baby BOY!
 
Labor Signs: Nope
.

Belly Button in or out? In


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Feeling more and more of his movement as he gets stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...